Monday 30 September 2013

It's all about Me - DDCC Challenge #1

 

Hello Friends!

Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge #1:   Anything Goes About Me - The Designer Behind the Project.

Well I thought the day would never arrive! It has been a very long month between winning a spot on the Design Team and Showcasing my first Project!


Lisa gave us girls a wonderful and fun 1st Challenge. And I must say it was quite a large challenge for me, and slightly daunting! LOL... I do love the fact that it was a great learning experience, that bought all of us girls together with questions, ideas and suggestions for each other!

I am so happy with my design!

As you can see I have created my life in a box, a printers tray shadow box!

You may have seen this sneaky peek on the DDCC blog

 

Well Here it is, my altered Printers Tray in full view! 

Please click on the picture above to get a larger view of the details.

The Challenge we were set included some questions:

1) Where do you live?
Answer: I live in Macksville, a country town on the Mid North Coast of NSW Australia.

2) What do you love most about where you live?
Answer: I love my Dream Home that we built 8 years ago, on a 2.5acre block. We have a stunning view of rolling hills, and we overlook our neighbours Dam and Cow pasture! I love to sit out on the Veranda with a glass of wine and watch the most gorgeous Sunsets ever! It is very serene.

 

This Panel of my Printers Tray, represents my home life. If you look closely at the image you will see 5 tiny baby chicks, these represent my 5 children. And the mountains of washing I have LOL! Embellies I have added were Wooden Pegs, Milk Can, Egg, Mini Cane basket, Kaiser Bird, Charms Creations Doily Button Embellishment, Tim Holt Butterflies, flowers, lace and extras from my Stash.

 




3) Who do you share this special place with?
Answer: I share my home with my Husband Ron and our 5 children Martin 21, Chloe 20, Ryan 16, Bella 4 and Darcy 2. ( The last 2 were an afterthought to fill the dream home LOL). They are my life and I love them to bits!
I also have some chooks, who kindly give us yummy eggs!

 

 

 

 

The view from my Veranda, and my Little Man Darcy.

 

 

Scotts Head Beach, my Hubby Ron and Little Bella.

 

 

This section of the tray I added a family sentiment, and decorated with embellishments such as Joy Crafts Butterfly Die, Kaiser flourish, an old quill pen that belonged to my Grandfather, another of Charms Creations Doily embellishment, and other goodies from my stash.

4) What is your favourite season there & why?
Answer: I love Summer here. We have Daylight Savings, so it is light later into the evenings and we can take the children to the beach or park after dinner. And wear them out! he he.

5) What is your most loved thing to do or place to visit & why?
Answer: I love to do Craft, Cards, Craft and more Cards/Craft lol! It is my pleasure and keeps my brain working.

 

This section of the tray is my crafty bit. I used the Tim Holtz sewing elements Die, Old Buttons and cotton reels from my local antique store, Kaiser bird, and other bits and bobs from my stash!


And my favourite place to visit is the beach! We have quite a few beaches close by within a 15min drive. There is nothing nicer on a hot day then to paddle in the water, smell the sea breeze and collect shells (for that next craft project). Or just laze on the sand and laugh at the littlies funny antics.

 

This is my happiness section, showing that I love the beach!

I have used the Tim Holtz Butterfly Die here again, as you can see I love butterflies! LOL

Lots of shells, A tiny bottle with gold micro beads for sand. I really like these paper frangipanis! The other bits are from my stash!

 

 

 The Images I have used are from Wings and Willows Etsy Shop HERE

As you can see I had a great excuse to use up a lot of my special embellishments!

Well there it is and I hope you love it as much as I do!

 

I am sure the other DT Ladies have done something fabulous, but I haven't seen them yet! LOL

It is all a great mystery, and the suspense is killing me!

Make sure to pop over and visit them all, leave a comment and follow them as well!

 

Please come along and join in we are waiting in anticipation to see your designs!

There are some fabulous prizes up for grabs!

Also Everyone who enters gets this Gorgeous Badge to add to their blog.

 
 
 

Please leave me a comment and follow me! I would love to hear what you think!

Hugs Julie xox

I am entering this project in the following:
 

30 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW Julie!! FAB job! I love all the "you" details in your project. It's like a mini story book! The five little chick to represent your children is adorable! Every little nook and cranny is something about you and your family that relates perfectly to our challenge, Amazing project! Hugs, Joanne

Unknown said...

Julie,
Having seen your other creations, I knew this one would be beautiful. I was not prepared for this! You blow me away with your creativity and attention to detail. Where to even begin with what I love about this?
I guess just the fact that you have 5 children and still find time to make masterpieces like this would be a good start. Do you ever sleep? And having found a company that had images for on the beach and feeding chickens...kudos!
Truly, this is fantastic. I'm so happy to be able to work with you at DDCC. You have so much to teach me!
hugs--
Roberta
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Wow Julie! Where do I start? lol. Love the fact that we are both more or less neighbours as I am only a few hours drive away from you :) Your home sounds beautiful. Watching the sunsets are outstanding aren't they? My Daughter loves daylight savings as she loves that extra hour with going outside & spending time with her friends :) I know what you mean with being surrounded by beaches. I love the fact that I can choose which direction or beach to go to...so does Zoe lol. The walks along the beach are divine & collecting the shells is something we always do together.

I am so in love with your shadow box & love how you have dedicated each part to each different area of your home...like your craft haven. Very clever :) Love how you went to the antique shop & got all the little nick knacks :) Gorgeous colouring too & the images are perfect for your little project. Fantastic work Julie. I love it. In fact you have given me the inspiration to create one of my own...especially now Zoe has seen yours & is insisting lol.

A fabulous take on the challenge. Well done. I can't wait to see what you do with the next challenge :) Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful project that fits the theme perfectly. Have I told you yet? I love it :) Hugs, Lisa.

Dreamtime Designs – Blog candy
NEW- Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My designs @ Etsy
My Facebook Venture
My Tweets @Twitter
My Pins @ Pinterest

Cindy said...

Wow Julie, this is so wonderful and there is so much tot see. I love all things you have used, there is so much to see! I really love the way you have worked out your live in your project. It is truly amazing! I am always overwhelmed with the beauty of your creations! Hugs, Cindy

The-Butterfly said...

Well!
Urmmm....
Ok, I actually have no idea what to say! This is absolutely stunning, it's just, wow! lol! I'm going to have to one back and forth and comment on this because it's too much for one go!!
Ok, we'll it's gorgeous!! I absolutely love the shells! And every single little element crammed packed! But doesn't look over crowded or like any of it shouldn't be there! The little scissors are so cute! And all of your images work so well for each section, just wow! I've never seen anything like this, it's beyond what I could even think to make! What a very talented lady! :)

Sheila H said...

What an awesome project! It's like a scrapbook on a tray. It's a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for dropping by 613 Avenue Create.

Alyx said...

This is brilliant Julie! You have certainly been a very busy girl and it's paid off as this is simply beautiful.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Mikha Adriani said...

Gosh, Julie! This is really beautiful!! <3 Love the way it is tell about your life. Just wonderful, dear. As lovely as you. Love your little boy <3 he's so cuteee LOL
Btw, your dream house is wonderful <3 hehe x

Gem said...

my goodness Julie this is HUGE and SO beautiful! I can't stop looking at all the different boxes! love the pics of your children, they are adorable but FIVE!? I am barely coping with one so hats off to you Mrs!! The shabby chic feel it has is lovely, gives a very beachy feel to it :) fab fab fab! Gem xx

Julie Gleeson said...

Thank you to all of my gorgeous DT Sisters for your lovely comments! You really are wonderful! Hugs Julie xox

ShersL84bed said...

wow, this is lovely Julie. You have such beautiful creativity. I love seeing everything you make.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, Julie, i want to come to your house to play. You are the queen of embellishments and how to place them perfectly!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Julie this is stunning beautiful made.
love all those little things.

greetings karin

Jay said...

So so much work!!! This is so personal to you, its an amazing creation, but any one can tell how much thought and time that you have put into this Julie, there is almost too much to comment on and I love all the embellies especially your little chickies!!! Amazing honey. Big Cuddles Jay xxx

Mrs A. said...

I am speechless looking at your gorgeous printers tray full of your life and stories told. It really is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with as at Craft My Life Challenges. Hugs Mrs A (DT).

Sam K said...

Wow, where do I start, so much to look at. Firstly what's a printer's tray pleasey?
It may be something different over there to what it would be here in the UK? i.e. I would guess at either a tray to print photos in or an actual physical tray pulled out of a big printer?! But probably completely wrong lol.

I am so jealous of your beautiful home setting and so happy for you that you were able to build your dream house just as you want it, what stunning views :)
I love how you have used each section to answer a different question or to show a different part of your life, as always you have used some beautiful embellishments and again one of your beautiful little bottles, that so make me want to open them...hehe...Truly beautiful Julie xx

Little Pear Tree
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My Pinterest



happyglitzygirl said...

Hi Julie this is an amazing piece of art, so gorgeous, thanks for entering Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Andree said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous project Julie. Your eye for detail is amazing.

Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Karen said...

Very beautiful! Love all the details! Thanks for linking up at Craftin' Desert Divas! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! Love this!!
Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything with a Sentiment“ Linky Party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Hath said...

wow - what an absolutely gorgeous project and keepsake! Thanks for sharing this with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week - good luck!

SAMARA said...

This piece is absolutely beyond brilliant in every way Julie! I have never seen an art piece so thorough, so personal, so representative, so telling of one's path. I love how you have made your life into art - how you have taken the art that your life is and portrayed it into this magnificent piece! It is so compelling to look and look and question "what is this" "what does this mean" "where were you then"! This is the biggest gift you can give to the audience of your art...to be intrigued. You have brought happiness onto the front stage with an enormous amount of thoughtfulness and self reflection. Your positivity in this piece is so evident. You have been so HONEST in your vulnerability to share your life with us through this piece...it is more than one could say by using the words. You give us something for our imagination, while telling us a story. I am just beyond impressed and touched by your piece. You have more than met the challenge requirements for Path of Positivity Challenge and I wish you the same Joy you have given me as a DT member that has come to witness this amazing piece of life that is art that is your life! Bless you. Soulfully yours, Samara - DT Path of Positivity Challenge (http://www.fairytalefountain.blogspot.com - my personal card site) xox

happyglitzygirl said...

Hi Julie, could you please contact me regarding GDT spot, can't locate your details, thanks Hilde from Crafting with Dragonflies
(thegrasslady(at)gmail.com

Desire Fourie said...

Such a beautiful creative way of telling a story. This is so perfect for our HONESTY theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Optimistic Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

sparklingblackrose said...

Wow, wow and wow, such stunning work! Thank you for joining my All Crafts Challenge at Craft My Life, hope you can join our new challenge :-) Elaine-xxx-

Shelly said...

A really lovely creation, so many gorgeous details here and fab colouring! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge xx

Path of Positivity said...

Stunning, beautiful, fabulous! You have put so much work into this wonderful piece that lays bare who you are at your core. There is nothing more honest than that!

I loved the chicks as a representation of your children and laughed at the mounds of wash that you have. I can't even imagine how much time it takes to get through it all! Wow, that is quite an age range there but it is nice that the sounds of laughter and pitter patter of little feet will be around the home for a long time yet! Of course I'd hate to see your bills for getting ready for school in a few years especially if the older ones are headed to college. Not only is your view incredibly beautiful but so are your little ones. You are very lucky that you were able to build your dream home and live each of your days in such an incredible setting surrounded by the people you love the most.

Thanks for sharing bits of your life with us in such a wonderful manner and thank you so much for joining this month on the Path of Positivity. I'm so glad that you found my challenge and I hope that I will see more of your beautiful creations in the future.

May your days always be filled with the sound of laughter and the beauty of your surroundings.

Lisa D., Owner

Pumpy said...

This is great, One day I will take your example and copy you. xxx

ShersL84bed said...

Beautiful. Wow what a lot of love and work put into this project.

Smiles Sher

Jennifer said...

This is absolutely stunning, I love how each of the little boxes represent a different part of your life. The fact that you found the time to create such a wonderful piece of art shows how much you are dedicated to your family and your creative side. You are obviously a whizz at being able to juggle all the parts of your life admirably. I absolutely love this. Hugs, Jen x
Krafty Keepsakes